Thursday, April 22, 2010

We have a screamer

Adrian has now learned to scream, he doesn’t have it quite down yet but today when he woke up from his nap is he was screaming bloody murder. It scared Corey and I to death, he was of course completely fine just testing out his vocal cords. He also has learned to pull out and almost put back his pacifier, I can’t believe he can focus in on something and actually reach for it or roll towards it. I’m anxious for him to reach new milestones but I want to cherish them when they happen and remember them forever.DSCN1258

At his 4 month Dr.’s appointment this week he was 14 pounds and 26 inches, he grew 3 inches in 2 months! He didn’t even cry when he got his shot, he’s such a champ.

Some other fun things he’s learned to do is grab stationary items and use them for leverage, he loves to grab the toys hanging from his bouncer and use them to sit up straighter, he will turn and grab the side of it to try to get himself to turn over. He’s working on rolling over from his back and he loves to arch his back to look at things upside down. He learned to grab his toes awhile ago and he loves to play with them and kick everything.

DSCN1197 

We have a baby einstein stationary play thing, he get’s in that thing and goes to town, he jumps like a kangaroo. He loves to jump on anything and everything, he will stand holding onto us or the sofa or something. Corey’s mom said he started walking at 8 months, didn’t bother crawling.  He’s also learning to laugh, OMG it’s so cute when he cracks up. He’s ticklish but only sometimes and his ticklish spots change.

 DSCN1213

I think his favorite thing to do is take baths. He splashes up a storm and hates getting out. I’m really excited he enjoys water so much because I can’t wait to take him to San Diego. We are going to do mommy and me swim classes within the next couple months so both he and I can feel comfortable with him in the water.

DSCN1204

He smiles at absolutely anything and everything, strangers, dogs, the mirror of course and all of his toys. He is such a happy baby it has definitely made things really easy on me. It’s so nice to be able to put him on the floor for a few minutes while I vacuum or throw a load of laundry in.

DSCN1117DSCN1144

1 comment:

  1. I miss him and you. He's so sweet and I miss your posts... you should do it more often!

    ReplyDelete