Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Review

Most of my weekend was spent in the hospital. After the surgery my dad spent 2 days in ICU, the surgery went well but they had to do a lot more work then they thought they were going to have to do. It ended up lasting a few hours longer then planned and he ended up with a 14" incision and upwards of 375 stitches (they stop counting after 300). My family and I spent our days trying to keep my dad is good spirits, he's definitely a trooper but is still in a lot of pain. I'm glad I got to spend the time with him because he always tells me how much he misses not having me at home anymore.
After leaving the hospital lastnight we went down to Jesse & Chandra's house in Ladera Ranch. We went to celebrate Jesse's birthday since it was on Thanksgiving and we really didn't get to celebrate it on the day, we took down El Toro Bravo and his favorite Claim Jumper chololate mouse pie. As always it was fun to spend time with them and Sydney. She's such a little doll, so happy and content and she likes us! When we were saying bye I was giving her high fives and she leaned over and put her arms out, Chandra almost lost it as she explained that Sydney only puts her arms out to Jesse & herself. I was really touched, I think Sydney knows I'm itching for a baby.
Corey had a really great time as well and enjoyed holding and playing with her, she flirts with him and it's adorable.
Corey went into work lastnight and worked till about 5am this morning. They are trying to get a contract with Costa Mesa PD so they had an inspection of the new building and grounds at 9am, Corey went back again at 8am to be there to meet with the people. Hopefully they get the contract after everyone's hard work. Poor Corey is exhausted, we had every good intention of getting to bed early on Saturday, even missing a night out with some friends because we were just so beat. At 1am we finally gave up trying to sleep, went and made some popcorn and watched Cheaters till 2:30. I didn't sleep lastnight other than a few 20 minute naps, Zoey was on edge because Corey wasn't home so that didn't help either. Today I think I'm beyond exhaustion because I don't even feel tired but I do have dark purple cirles under my eyes.

I started reading the Twilight books on Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I just finished reading book 3 with an average of 2.5 days of reading each book. I don't have book 4 yet so I'm on hold till I get that. I wasn't at all into these books until I ran out of reading materials and my mom gave me book 1 to read, after finishing that I went to 6 different stores trying to find the others with no success, I ordered them online and got them Thursday afternoon just in time to have for the weekend at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment