Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finally an interview...

I finally had an interview yesterday. It was for a really cute high-end dog clothing company, perfect for Zoey. I don't know how I will compare to the 15 other people they were interviewing but I'm not to worried about it. The position was starting at $9 an hour less than what I was making, yes $9 AN HOUR less. I realize the economy is really slowing down and every business is having to cut costs and I'm willing to take a cut, but at the same time I have to survive. I made over $45K last year and I'm getting job offers for under $25K, it's just not possible to take that big of a cut. I would make more on unemployment then I would taking these jobs and it's getting extremely frustrating.
I've never in my life had a hard time finding a job, I've always left my jobs by choice moving onto positions with more responsibility and higher wages, I've worked really really hard to get here. My self-confidence has taken the biggest blow. I've sent my resume to probably 300 companies and I've received a hand full of call backs. I realize that each employer is getting an overwhelming amount of resumes and of course there's some one more qualified and people with more experience but I'm going crazy. I need a job. I need a job that I can pay my bills with, have decent insurance and dental and still have a little money left over for a movie every now and then.
I know things will pick up soon and I will continue to interview with who ever would like to meet me cause I can chalk it all up to experience and one day (hopefully soon) I will land the perfect job.

No comments:

Post a Comment