Thursday, October 2, 2008

The chaos has begun



The holidays have started. Corey and I went to Macy's Home Store yesterday and they already have fully decorated Christmas trees, the Christmas dishes and decor were out, they even had pretend snow on the ground. While Corey went to the ticketmaster in customer service I stayed and looked at all the beaufitul ornaments and I got an idea.

Usually for Christmas I do gift baskets, a mixture of baked goods and the person's favorite things. I make the baskets all pretty with decorations, ribbons and bows etc. My thought for this year was to give everyone in their basket a great book. I did some looking and it's going to be harder then I thought but well worth it. BUT yesterday at Macy's I kept seeing ornaments that would be perfect for my family. An old woody with a surfboard on top for my dad, a beautiful chandelier looking ornament made with pearls for my mom, a Wedgewood Nativity scene for my grandma. etc etc etc. I've been wanting to get Corey's mom the miniature Wizard of Oz character ornaments so that fits perfectly. My sisters will be easy, Josh might be a little tough and Corey's brother's won't be easy, but friends will be really really fun. I think this will help me get in the Christmas spirit early which I'm really excited about because then the season seems to last longer.
Here's an orament similiar to the one I liked for my dad, but the one in store was much better.


Considering it's only the second day of October I guess I'm getting a little a head of myself. I enjoy Halloween but I LOVE Thanksgiving. Last year we planned on going to Lake Arrowhead for Thanksgiving, my grandma and her sisters and brother had driven up Tuesday and we we're going to leave early Thanksgiving morning for the 2 hour drive. Wednesday around 10 I start getting text messages from my sister saying my dad wasn't feeling well at 10:30 my dad was having a heart attack and I was driving to my moms work to tell her and pick her up. Obviously we didn't make it to Arrowhead, luckily my dad is doing much better now. We had planned to reschedule the trip this year but my dad needs to have more surgery and it'll probably be right before Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment