Monday, October 20, 2008

Dad

I learned late last week that my dad is having some more heart problems. He goes in for surgery on Thursday, I have been only able to get minimal information out of him. I'm going to go visit them tonight to see if I can get more info. I know one of the stints that were put in isn't doing it's job so they are going to have to remove and replace it.

I'm glad they were able to catch it before he has another heart attack, but this surgery will delay the surgery he really wants to get which will help with the pain in his legs. There are times when he can't sit or can't stand, just depending on the day it goes either way for him and he wanted that surgery. He was told that couldn't be done until he had been on the blood thinners for a year after his heart-attack and now with this some-what emergency surgery it has been pushed out indefinitely.

With the recent reconnection with my dad's family we've learned that his grandfather and great-grandfather both died in their early 50's of heart attacks. This of course add's to the stress of it all.

I'm taking Friday off of work to be at the hospital with him, he'll be in for atleast 2 days after the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment